Saturday, August 12, 2023

Big plans

 I've been gone from my blogspace for quite some time. For the past five and a half years, I've served as the editor-in-chief of an advanced practice nursing journal. I loved the job, and it gave me plenty of outlets to write. In addition to  frequent editorials, dozens of screening and peer reviews for my journal and others, I served as a mentor with specific requests to teach and critique others' writing. I managed to fit in scattered original articles and a couple of book chapters in my spare time. 

Professional writing has kept me busy for the past several years. As a result, I haven't needed my blog very much as a writing outlet. When I did, I wrote for my other blog site: Nursing a Grudge, the perfect place to get a thing or two off my chest. 

Two weeks ago, after much planning and anticipation, I retired. Now I'm about to embark on an adventure that will include a lot of travel and a dive into my favorite area of study: nursing and public health history. I'll put snippets on social media, but the details will be here.

 As a reminder to my future self and to readers who do not already know, this trip was originally planned in 2019 to take place in May of 2020. We all know what happened in 2020, and due to our destination, 2021 also was not an option. Then my husband became very ill, and a trip in 2022 was not to be. Finally, finally, things are sorted. 

Pictured: Tango and Marge wait patiently as I type; a hint of what is to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment